Aims and Scope
- Open Access online and printed journal
- Original Articles , Review Articles , No publication fees
- Case Report , Case Series , Case-control study , Letter to the Editor
- All areas of Clinical Veterinary Medicine and its related to the subjects.
- Aims to publish useful clinical papers in Asia available to veterinarians all over the world.
- To spread standard veterinary clinical ethics for primary veterinary practitioners.
1 Ethics in veterinary medical care for small animals
- Asian Clinical Veterinary Medicine set ethics as a veterinarian official as follows.
**OATH OF VETERINARIANS-DECLARATION ’95 **
- To respect the lives of animals and play a leadership role for their health and welfare, while at the same time working to advance human health
- To work for the establishment of human-animal bonds, for the development of a peaceful society, and for conservation of the environment.
- To further enhance our character and learning as conscientious members of society, and strive for words and behavior that are befitting of specialists.
- To endeavor to master the latest knowledge of veterinary medicine, and to cultivate and disseminate techniques, as well as to promote interchanges with related sciences.
- To maintain close links and cooperation, and promote international interchange, thereby working for the advancement of veterinary proffession wordwide.
- When engaging in education and research for animals, respect for life, consideration for suffering, welfare / welfare, and the impact on ecosystems.
- When you are engaged in medical treatment, be kind to animals and consider the feelings of owners.
2 Informed consent in veterinary medical care for small animals
- Consider the feeling of the breeder means treat as synonymous with Informed Consent in medical care and provide medical care for small animal on the premise of explanation and consent to the breeder.
- The explanation is to carefully explain in advance the contents of every veterinary medical care sucha as dosage, surgery, examination and clinical trial. Also the consent is to allow the breeder's to trust each other and to cooperate with the veterinarian in accordance with their free will, and to refuse after being explained.
- The contents of the explanation are "medical condition of cunsultation animal", "examination and treatment policy and options", "alternative therapy", "side effects and response rate", "prognosis", "medical fees", " what the breeder want to provide as the data" etc. It is desirable to repeat and confirm the understanding of the breeder in consideration of matters influencing the understanding and selection of the breeders, such as the psychological state of the breeder.
3 Ethics regarding the use of medicine, etc.
- When using medicines applied to animals, it is carried out according to the applicable laws and regulations and the manufacture's regulations in the country where the treatment is to be administered by administration case, dosage and method of administration.
- When administer unapproved and non-applicable medicine, examine the data enough which was in effect, make sure of the manufacturer, being consulted with the appropriate ethics committee and obtaining consent and breeder's consent must be obtained.
4 Ethic on protection of animals and welfare
- Recognizing the importance of veterinarian welfare as a mission in veterinary medicine.
**OATH OF VETERINARIANS-DECLARATION ’95 **
- If there was not prospects with subject treated for treatment, and in addition, reckoned making impaired or severe motor dysfunction or impaired disability euthanasia, etc. is suffering is a suitable animal welfare and, the bank own will to veterinarian the talk the breeders and for ten minutes, is to cause the animal to be euthanized under the determination is acceptable. On the other hand, even if there is a possibility that might be forced to sleep for other reason, either, euthanasia InteractiveRenderingWithCoherentRayTraci owners veterinarians will discuss sufficiently as final choice, and is a critical issue to be determined.
- As for final implementation, laws and ordinances in the country of citizenship that treat with conforms to, and left to the judgment of Small Animal veterinarian person in charge, but it is desirable to consult the contents of helsinki, the protection and management of animals, basel declaration, and the international ethics committee, along with the contents of the international animal conferences and the like.
5 Jounal code of ethics
- An articles submitted to ACVM on the premise that an article is based upon ethics regulations in veterinary medical care for small animals.
At the time of submission of an article, declaration of compliance with the relevant provision and consent form from breeders must be submitted.
- No specification that regarding consent form from breeder, but that on format as Asian Clinical Veterinary Medicine, as a reference.
- Retrospective reviews, if it may be determined that consent acquisition is not required, inform the owner of information used in the article, or we seek to ensure opportunities to be rejected by building establishments in the stage before the paper is published.
- After peer review application after submission and papers published, withdrawal or refusal consent of breeder if it required, notify the correspondence situation to the relevant office promptly.
- The doctor who submit an article must try to take every precaution to keep breeder's and subject's privacy and private information such as the following.
Do not record of breeder's name, medical code, hospialization number, initials and animal's name that can be identified individuals.
The address of the breeder is not specified
Dates shall be held in the past even if no individual can be specified
When diagnostic or treatment is received at other sites, the institution name and location are not listed.
When presenting a photograph of the affected area, the site that leads to the identification of the person such as eyes is hidden.
Delete biopsy tissues that can idetify cases and number included in image information.
6 Rules of the journal ethics council
- Article is contributed by appropriate and safe clinical code of ethics is carried out by the ethics committees are based. If an article is incomplete, the authors may confirm individually.
Conflict Of Interest(COI)
1 Basic philosophy of COl in Asian Clinical Veterinary Medicine
- Be a possible situation sufficiently that the research and academic organizations and the general practitioners are deeply involved in activities of certain companies.
- There are also number of cases where general medicine is applied to animals as well as applied to small animals widely and it is undeniable fact that it also contibuted to raising the level of general veterinary care.
- In that fact, small animal clinical veterinarian occurs a conflict between the social obligation for public interest and the profit obtained by the individual, contradiacoty state.
- Such condition is called "conflict of interests(conflict of interest: COI)".
- ACVM thinks that proper management of COl prevents artificial data manipulation and can publish reliable papers to the world.
- Also unified posting regulation of biomedical journals as world standard: Declare here that it conforms to the writing and editing of biomedical research papers (ICMJE).
Refer to the link below 【 http://www.icmje.org/ 】
2 Possibility of author COI
- When the author submit a paper, there is responsibility for disclosure of financial and personal interests that can cause bias for the manuscript reader after peer reviewed and published journal.
- To avoid ambiguity, the author should clearly indicate the possibility of conflicts of interest
- Make them clear on the front cover following the title page of the manuscript. Also, there is a question item on the form at the time of posting, so make it clear.
- If COI exists refer to the unified format for disclosing conflicts of interest issued by ICMJE, submit a paper with consent of a person who assisted writing and other working.
- Authors must identify person who assisted writing and other working and disclose a source of funding.
- The author must disclose the possibity of COl for the breeder and specify wheher it was done or not on journal.
- If there is no breeder, the author must specify "declare no interest in this journal".
3 COI of research body
- Opportunities to receive funds from companies, foundations, government and others will increase for article to be submitted.
- If there is provision for financing in the decision-making article, the role should be written.
- If the effects of financing is suspected, it should be described all.
- The editor must confirm COl and in the case that influence is given to the content of the submitted paper by funding, peer review may be rejected.
4 Editors, reviewers and Office staff COI
- When the editor ask external reviewers, people who have obviously potential conflicts of interest such as belonging to the same institution as the author should be avoided.
- If the author ask the editor who should not ask peer review, consider whether to accept it or not.
- Peer reviewer disclose all conflicts of interest that may cause bias to the journal for the editors. If there is a possibility of bias, peer reviewer should decline the review.
- As in the case of the author, peer reviewers also mention that there is no possibility of a conflict of interst to the journal.
- The editor who gives final dicision on manuscript must not have any personal, occupational and financial participation in subject to be judged by himself/herself. When other editorial staff participate in editorial decision making, repot their financial interest to the editor if there is a possibiity of affecting judgment in editing and the decisions regarding their own interests should be declined.
- The editorial staff must not divert information that is obtained from editorial works as a private profit.
- The editor should mention the statement which disclose the possibility of conflicts of interest involved in the responsibilities of the editorial staff periodically.
1 Article type of your manuscript
- Case Report
- Case Series
- Case-control study
- Letter to the editor
2 Area of interest/specialization
- General and Gastroenterological Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Chest Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pain management
- Dental/Oral surgery
- Ophthalmic surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- General Medicine
- Metabolism and Endocrinology
- Infectious Diseaseas
- Emergency and Critical Care
- Diagnostic Pathology
- Genetic pathology
- Regenerative veterinary medicine
- Legal Veterinary Medicine
- Treatment plan/Clinical record
- Palliative/Alternative therapy
- Oriental veterinary medicine
- Advanced Veterinary Medical Treatment
- Clinical veterinary nursing
- Home care
- Care plan/Record
- Animal welfare
- Animal health care
- Animal hospital management
Provisions for article contribution
1 Provisions for article
- The article contibuted to ACVM should be based upon the ethics veterinary medical care for small animals.
- The author and co-author should submit a declaration which state that article is not posted doubly. The article should be unpublished in other magazines and journals.
- All articles are subject to peer review
2 Preparation and posting method
- All posts should be done in English.
- Consent form: should be attached if papers using cases.
>>Refer to the link below
- Covering letter: originality , interesting point and value of report must be described as a summary(within 100words including the space).
- Covering(title page) :
Short Title(up to 40 words including the space)
All author's name, latest degree, affiliation and organization, department name should be described.
Corresponding author : name, telephone-facsimile number,e-mail address
Descriptions of conflicts of interest (COl) including research expenses, equipment suppliers of medicine etc. ( If there is no COl, stated that effect.)
Support received during paper writing such as statistical analysis
Total number of words in text only
Total number of words in abstract
Number of figures
Number of tables
Number of videos
Autor: Depending on the article type, the number of author including the principal author prescribe as the follow. We will send co-author a e-mail in advance.
The number of co-authors is as follows.
Case Study / Case Series within 6 people.
Case-Control Studies within 10 people.
Letter to the editor within 3 people.
If a co-author dies before the paper is completed, describe the death and the date of death with dagger in footnote. Example: († Deceased 31 October, 2017)
The office will confirm with the author that how much this deceased co-author contribute to this paper.
- Abstract：Abstract is written within 200 characters. Keywords at
the end of the gist is 5 words or more in lowercase letters
Submit：Submission is performed in electronic submission-peer reviews system " Editorial Manager®" in principle. Confirm there is no file garbling and image elarity etc befor submit the article.
The file size to be uploaded is 50MB in total of all files.
Article must be written by computer software, left to right writing and colloquial stye to understand easily. When using characters and abbreviations first, do not necessarily write them.
In all submission, cateorize into 3 files such as a manuscript including diagram and table, diagram and table then must upload.
The author footnote numbers and quoted reference numbers are numbered with arabic numerals without parenthesis. Refer to the below for usage.
For the footnotes in the diagrams, tables and pictures, the following symbols
are used in the following order. * † ‡ § ∥ ¶ # ** †† ‡‡
The books for reference is within 30 sections as a general. Numbers are given in order to quoted in the text and describe in the end collectively. Literature notation is based on vancouver style.
Also unit notation is based on vancouver style and follow International System of Units(SI).
3 Post Processes after submission
- After submission, confirm the status via electrical submit and review system "Editorial Manage®".
- In principle, we will notify the result in about one month.
- If the article is posted, we will contact you to request face photo, detailed profile, summary of contents and promotional materials etc.
Peer review policy
1 Selecting and registering the reviewer
- Review of the application article shall be conducted by selecting 2 peoples or more who are familiar with the subject matter.
- The contributor can submit the list which shows the people who is qualified or disqualified as a reviewer.
- The editor-in-chief judge objectively and fairly whether the submitted paper is suitable for peer review.
- If submitted paper is clearly deviated from journal standards, we are not going to select and register the editor. In this case, the paper is sent back to the contributor with the reason for refusal as a Desk Reject.
- Editor-in-chief select 1 objectively fair editor who is familiar with the subject of contributed paper and ask the editor to review with letter of recommendation or non-recommendation.
- The editor in charge of the paper judge objectively whether contibuted papaer is suitable for review.
- The editor select 3 reviewers or more who is objectively fair with reference to the letter of recommendation and non-recommendation.
- The aforesaid is performed by online peer review system.
2 Assigning reviewers to contributed paper
- 2 reviewers or more review contributed paper.
- Review does not assign if the reviewer write paper or paper is contibuted by reviwer's affiliation.
- Review does not assign if it is related to COl.
3 Peer review system
- Review use Double Blind which means not indicate the name of the reviwer or contributer each other.
- Score: The reviewer scores the following 7 items according to the regulation(Good/Fair/Poor).
Ⅰ： Comply with ethical code
Ⅱ： Appropriate selection of case or subject
Ⅲ： Useful or interesting for veterinarian of small animal clinical site.
Ⅳ： Interpretation of data appropriate
Ⅵ： Contents suitable for this journal
Ⅶ： Quotation of reference appropriate
- Whether the paper is accept or not, we will notice review result in a month.
- The reviwer repost review result (following 4 items) as a review document.
Ⅰ： Accept: Published as original
Ⅱ： Minor revision: A liitle modification is necessary
Ⅲ： Major revision: Modification must be necessary: review again
Ⅳ： Reject: Postiong is not allowed
- If we receive the same results from majority of the reviewers including the editor, the editor judge by majority decision and send back the paper to the contributor with the result and review document.
- If the opinion are divided by reviwer, editor-in-chief will review and judge the result objectively then the paper will be back to the contributor with the result and review document.
- Make sure the status after reviewer's posting via Editorial Manager®.
- The reviwer is registered in Asian Clinical Veterinary Medicine's review system.
- The review document from the editor to the contributor will be posted online with contributed paper.
- If there is no contact within 2 business days after contribution, e-mail to the office.
- About our submission rules:
October 1, 2017: Established
November 30, 2017: Revised
Online ISSN 2433-2313
Publisher : Interzoo Publishing co.,ltd
Address : 33-8, Motoyoyogi town, Shibuya-ku,Tokyo,Japan,Motoyoyogi san san building 2 F
Copyright © Interzoo Publishing ,.Ltd Some Rights Reserved.